|Job title:||Transport Manager|
|Employment type:||Full Time|
|Experience:||5 to 7 years|
|Salary:||R500000 to R599999|
|Job published:||04 August 2021|
|Job reference no:||723117478|
Superb career opportunity with established Logistics Group. Reporting to the Operations Manager you will take full responsibility for managing, planning and coordinating Transport operations, which includes delivery and driver management within a multi-temp environment (Frozen, chilled and ambient).
Key performance areas
- Explain variance of budget versus actual.
- Ensure costs are captured in the month incurred (Labour, Vehicle R&M, Stock Losses, Fuel).
- Ensure unprocessed costs are accrued in the month incurred.
- Ensure monthly transport department expenditure is maintained within budget – a budget will be provided and discussed with you.
Operational: Delivery Schedule
- Ensure the maintenance of the delivery schedule in plato i.e. implementation of new stores.
- Ensure that most effective and efficient execution of the delivery schedule i.e. lowest possible Cost Per Kilometre.
- Ensure routes are executed according to daily delivery planning meeting.
EPOD & Trackmatic
- Ensure all daily routes are executed on Trackmatic and EPOD as per company procedures.
- Management of large team
- Process Compliance
- Reporting and Risk Management
Qualifications and experience
- Relevant Degree/ Diploma in Logistics and Transportation Management or similar
- 5- 7 years experience in transport management within a multi-temperature environment
- Knowledge of Warehousing and Distribution
- Experience managing large unionized teams