Job TitleHead of Learning & Development (L&D)
Employment TypeFull Time
Experience10 to 15 years
SalaryR1100000 to R1350000
Job Published07 October 2021
Job Reference No.3902504841
Head of Learning and Development (L&D)
Reputable and expanding Telco’s firm seeks proactive leader. Pivotal role to establish and build Learning and Development (L&D) dept and Academy. Be instrumental in other strategic HR initiatives such as New Hire Induction, Workplace L&D, development of Competency Model with Performance Mgt system, Talent Mgt and Succession Planning plus OD. Great culture and co. has international presence. Job will entail travel.
- Develop and implement effective Strategic Plan for L&D initiatives in SA and Africa.
- Drive the plan and ensure all objectives of the Academy are met.
- Build up a high-performing L&D team and partner with key business leaders.
- Drive Graduate Development Program (learnerships), BBEE initiatives and Statutory reporting.
- Ensure Skills Development requirements are met and collaborate with Heads.
- Build fruitful relationships with the relevant SETA’s and ensure applications are submitted timeously.
- Develop relationships with relevant tertiary educational institutions to attract talented students.
- Drive bursary schemes and serve as Skills Development facilitator
- Review current Induction program and ensure new hires are inducted seamlessly.
- Develop and deliver effective training to new hires and refreshers for staff.
- Develop and manage Competency framework and Assessments.
- Integrate with performance Mgt and succession planning systems.
- Develop 360 development Assessment tools. Communicate with suppliers.
- Conducts training needs analysis of staff.
- Drive continuous Workplace Learning and Development and facilitate training workshops.
- Develop and manage top Talent in the business.
- Develop Succession plans and develop Managers/Leaders programs.
- Plan, execute and monitor Organisational Changes effectively.
- Design new HR programmes and practices that are best in class.
- Be visible and contribute positively to the Culture.
- Other key duties to be discussed at interview stage.
Qualification and Experience:
- BSocSc or BA (Psych) or relevant degree. Hons/Masters an adv.
- Very strong L&D exp in telecoms, ISP or relevant industry sector.
Should you be interested in the role:
- Please apply online.
- For any queries, contact Bev at SET on 082 495 8595.