|Job title:||Head of IT (Compute)|
|Employment type:||Full Time|
|Experience:||10 to 15 years|
|Salary:||R1300000 to R1900000|
|Job published:||01 April 2021|
|Job reference no:||2587959998|
Head of IT (Compute)
Top global bank seeks driven IT Specialist. Pivotal role to manage all Servers and Operating systems across the bank including Legacy and new systems. Be instrumental in leading their strategic initiative to migrate to the Cloud. Critical role to lead and direct the Infrastructure and Operations resources and capabilities. Exciting career opportunity with market leader.
- Key role to deliver cost-effective end-to-end design, architecture and performance of the platform.
- Ensure availability of the platform and its services are stable, secure etc.
- Develop the Strategy and Participate in Technology leadership discussions.
- Shape the relevant IT Infrastructure Service portfolio (platform).
- Defining the nature, scope and value proposition of the platform service.
- Collaborate with Architecture, portfolio managers and capacity planners.
- Forecast demand for each service, determining the scope and value proposition.
- Manage the Technology & Architecture, and keep abreast of industry trends and technical opportunities.
- Participate in Technology disaster recovery and business continuity planning.
- Act as a single point of contact for incidents, problems, service continuity and controls.
- Drive and champion a positive risk culture and attitude within the platform .
- Build relationships with Technology teams, CIO communities, and partner with 3rd party partners.
- Attend industry forums to build networks, keep abreast of trends.
- Manage a team of people. Provide guidance and ensure they meet their KPI’s.
- Manage Financial, Risk and Operations aspects.
- Other key duties, to be discussed at interview stage.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree in IT and Adv Diplomas.
- 10 to 15 years exp in IT Mgt with large institutions.
- Track record in IT disciplines : Linux, IT Infrastructure such as Cloud Services.
- Good exp in solution design delivery. Understanding of Oracle.
Should you be interested in the role:
- Please submit your CV via the Link.
- Should you have any queries, please contact Bev at SET on 082 495 8595.