|Job title:||Junior Trader|
|Employment type:||Full Time|
|Experience:||2 to 3 years|
|Salary:||R360000 to R480000|
|Job published:||24 May 2021|
|Job reference no:||18429501|
This is an excellent career opportunity for an upcoming trader to build their career in the fruit import and export industry. The candidate will work closely with the current international traders, providing support and taking responsibility for their own markets. This is a role for a highly driven and sharp individual with strong numerical abilities.
Responsibilities include, but is not limited to:
- Marketing and sales of products to existing and new clients;
- Management and maintenance of existing client network;
- Liaison with cargo agents and cold rooms to facilitate unloading of containers;
- Completion of documentation to confirm transaction details to the logistics and finance department;
- Support to colleagues with the product sourcing process in order to achieve budget targets.
Support to finance department through communication with clients regarding the following:
- debtors collection;
- management & settlement of claims;
- shipping and credit limit management with clients;
- verification of costs and profits where applicable to own sales.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience within the fruit export industry
- Knowledge of different fruit varieties essential (apples, pears, grapes, citrus, stone fruit)
- Proactive, hands-on and the ability to use initiative
- Advanced proficiency with Excel
- Ability to work under pressure and with constantly changing deadlines
Please apply online.