|Job title:||Tax Consultant (Insurance)|
|Employment type:||Part Time|
|Experience:||3 to 5 years|
|Salary:||R800000 to R950000|
|Job published:||31 August 2020|
|Job reference no:||304318927|
Reporting to the Senior Tax Manager you will be responsible for various tax provisioning and tax reporting processes as well as certain tax advisory services to Life Insurance companies in the group.
- This role will assume responsibility for the following areas of tax compliance as well as the execution of tax reporting and compliance related processes:
- Prepare the Life Assurance Company tax provision numbers for purposes of reporting, on a monthly, quarterly and, interim and annual basis including business planning and forecasting and implement key controls and improvements to the process.
- Assist with automation of the tax computation process and align it with HFM;
- Detailed Review of the tax notes, HFM tax packs and any documentation required for specific reporting periods;
- Assist with standardizing tax-reporting templates for life companies across the Group.
- Provide advice on new products, and outline the tax reporting requirements for each product
- Assist with Process improvements relating to the collation of information,
- Provide advice and guidance to business units insofar as it impacts the tax reporting requirements and ensure correct tax treatment of items in each business unit,
- Assist with IFRS 17 tax impact modelling for the life companies in the group.
- Assist with the deferred tax reconciliations and the automation thereof.
Qualifications and experience
- CA(SA) with 3 -5 years or more relevant tax compliance, tax accounting experience and/or tax reporting experience
- Strong knowledge of financial services industry and understanding of Life Insurance Products
- IFRS knowledge particularly related to deferred tax and tax disclosure is beneficial
- Good operational understanding of the Financial Services Industry, Life Insurance Companies, Unit Trusts, Lisps, Asset Managers and short-term insurers is essential.