|Job title:||Senior Systems Engineer|
|Employment type:||Full Time|
|Experience:||5 to 10 years|
|Salary:||R550000 to R700000|
|Job published:||17 June 2021|
|Job reference no:||2950384319|
Senior System Engineer
Boutique and growing bank seeks well-rounded indiv. Pivotal role to instal, secure and maintain stable IT systems. Develop and test infrastructure on premise and in the cloud. Work with a broad range of IT systems - networks, security products (firewall, switch and router configuration), etc.
- Maintain system performance.
- Perform system monitoring and analysis, performance tuning, troubleshooting and escalating issues.
- Reduce operational risk and improve availability of server infrastructure, network systems and security posture.
- Collect and analyse operational data to identify emerging trends and assist with problem resolution and increased server availability.
- Develop, maintain and perform operational procedures and ensure operational tasks are performed reliably.
- Assist in the migration and maintenance of various systems to the cloud.
- Evaluate new system hardware and software solutions.
- Assist and drive automation initiatives to reduce administrative overheads.
- Ensure vendors and 3rd party suppliers and providers are managed.
- Act as a technical expert/lead for system administration.
- Act as project leader on large scale technical projects.
- Other key responsibilities to be discussed at interview stage.
Qualification and Experience:
- BSc in IT or relevant degree / Diploma
- 5 to 8 yrs exp as System Engineer or Network Engineer or similar role.
- Knowledge of virtualised systems, networks (LAN, WAN) and security designs.
- Exp in MS Office 365 and MS Azure (+ Certification)
Should you be interested in the role:
- Please submit your CV online.
- For any queries, please contact Bev at SET on 082 495 8595.
- No WhatsApp CV’s will be accepted.