Job TitleInventory Manager : Multi Temperature DC and Logistics
Employment TypeFull Time
Experience7 to 10 years
SalaryR40000 to R50000
Job Published12 May 2022
Job Reference No.2586171037
The purpose of role of Inventory Manager is to ensure the correct put away, storage, replenishment, and accuracy of inventory within the Distribution Centre across the client base.
The Key Functional Responsibilities:
- Financial Responsibility
- Ensure costs are captured in the month incurred (Labour, MHE R&M, Stock Losses).
- Ensure unprocessed costs are accrued in the month incurred.
- Ensure monthly inventory department expenditure is maintained within budget – a budget will be provided and discussed with you.
- Explain variance of budget versus actual.
- Ensure cost overruns are investigated and appropriate countermeasures are instituted to prevent further
- Compile input for all inventory expenditure to be used in the annual budget for the distribution centre.
- Ensures that stock replenishment is completed before commencement of picking
- Ensure the stock is replenished into correct locations as per WMS.
- Ensure replenishment is in line with stock rotation principles of the business.
- Put Away
- Ensure inventory is correctly labelled before put away.
- Ensures that all stock receipted is put away daily in the correct location.
- Inventory Control
- Recalls - assists in the management of the recall proces
- Ensure the master data management of WMS i.e. adding new SKU’s, adding new warehouse slots, manages pick slots assignment
- Transaction posting to ensure that transactions impacting the stock ledger are posted timeously i.e. stock adjustments.
- Daily stock accuracy - ensures pick slots count and empty bin verification and completed daily and investigates variances.
- Non-conforming product management - ensure all expired, short shelf life and damaged products are segregated, isolated, and safe disposal is recorded and adjusted off the system immediately according to the processes.
- Ensure supplier returns are managed effectively according to processes.
- Ensure daily check of expiry dates on all stock items in pick slot and reverses of the warehouse master.
- Manage letters of variance according to the DQSP process.
- Inter DC Transactions - ensures that in-transit sites are reconciled and cleared within 48 hours after receipt.
- Export transactions – ensure the control of stock movement between the local and export location
- Ensure the accurate reconciliation of consignment stock from suppliers.
- Ensure the development of monthly stock count plan.
- Ensure communication of the monthly stock count dates to the business i.e. supply chain to ensure a successful count.
- Ensure correct record keeping of stock count documents in accordance with company procedures.
- Ensure stock variances are investigated and resolved within 48 hours.
- People Management
- Host monthly staff meeting with minutes.
- Ensure that all staff maintains certification.
- Ensure succession plan in place for career levels.
- Liaising with the HR department to understand all the necessary aspects and needs of HR development, and ensure all staff are fully informed of HR objectives, purposes and achievements
- Manage a stable HR climate in the workplace
- Liaising with HR regarding overtime and absenteeism, motivating staff, recruiting staff, training, mentoring, coaching and development of staff according to company policies and procedures
- Conduct regular performance appraisals with subordinates and ensure that the process is cascaded throughout the warehousing team.
- Develop and manage high performance multi-disciplinary team to solve problems within the distribution centre.
- Coach and support team members where necessary to achieve objectives.
- Always uphold the company’s disciplinary code of conduct demonstrating fairness when dealing with discipline.
- Ensure inventory is run efficiently and effectively to meet client contractual KPI’s.
- Ensure all internal stakeholders are serviced as required per internal rules, i.e. communication to supply chain regarding adjustments, shelf life on sku’s inventory on hand, warehouse damages returns process.
- Ensure all external stakeholders are serviced as required i.e. daily stock reports.
- Process Compliance
- Warehouse quality standards are consistently maintained
- Pass all internal and external quality
- Audit gaps are closed within prescribed due
- Continuous Improvement
- Develop human capital, processes and procedures and ensure continuous are actively pursued in the areas of process, quality, service level and cost improvements.
- Asset Management
- Facility and equipment maintenance (buildings, MHE, racks)
- Assets are well maintained, clean and good working
- Ensure equipment maintenance is planned and executed with Assets Manager according to specification.
- Ensure all Health & Safety repairs and maintenance is identified and resolved immediately.
- Ensure preventative maintenance is carried out according to plan.
- Ensure consumables are adequately stocked for operations.
- Provide daily and weekly reports i.e. stock adjustment reports, shelf life reports.
- Ensure all reporting documents are
- Ensure reporting deadlines are
- Ensure monthly financial reporting is submitted.
- Ensure attendance and engagement in all relevant meetings i.e. planning meeting, max meeting, management meeting.
- Risk Management
- Ensure all operational risk matters are address. i.e. health and safety checklists completed as prescribed, PPE requirements.
- Ensure inventory compliance in respect of prescribed laws and legislative requirements.
- Ensure the mitigation of all financial risk i.e. stock losses, stock damages, and negligible damage to facility, monthly cost management.
Personal Skills and Competencies Required:
- Must have excellent knowledge of how inventory flows in the warehouse and what impacts this flow
- Must have excellent knowledge of what impacts stock balances on the computer system
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills (English)
- Ability to take responsibility, Great attention to detail and exceptional time management skills,
- Planning and organizational skills, ability to work in a dynamic team.
- Results and deadline driven, good problem-solving capabilities with a disciplined approach.
- Analytical, Logical, Problem-solving Attention to detail Numeric accuracy,
- Great communication and people Management skills for organisation planning.
Work Experience Required:
- 7 - 10 Years’ experience required in Inventory within a Warehousing Distribution Industry, QSR and FMCG environment.
- 10 Years Warehousing / Distribution
- 5 Years Stock Management Experience
- 5 Years People Management Experience
- Grade 12 is compulsory with Relevant Tertiary Degree, / Supply Chain Management or similar
- Good Warehousing & Distribution, Transport, FMCG, QRS Management.
- Intermediate to advanced Computer literacy MS Excel, Outlook PowerPoint, Advanced (WMS) Skills and GP skills
It is the Company’s policy that all new employees, with effect from 1 March 2022, be fully vaccinated prior to them taking up employment in the Company. A valid EVDS vaccination certificate must be submitted prior to an offer of employment being made.