|Job title:||Assistant Tax Manager (Audit Firm)|
|Employment type:||Full Time|
|Experience:||1 to 2 years|
|Job published:||30 October 2020|
|Job reference no:||2144929806|
Assistant Tax Manager (Audit Firm)
Market Related Salary
Are you about to finish your Articles and looking to launch your tax career with an established and leading medium sized Auditing and Accounting firm? Then this opportunity is for you!
The candidate will be required to attend to various tax related matters, including dispute resolution, tax assessments and provisional tax with SARS. A comprehensive understanding of the Income Tax Act, Value Added Tax Act and the Tax Administrative Act is required to perform the candidate’s duties. You will be reporting to the Tax Manager.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Completed SAICA / SAIPA / CIMA articles, eligible for professional registration;
- Eligible to register as a tax practitioner with the South African Revenue Service (SARS);
- Experience and good knowledge of IFRS, IFRS for SMEs, VAT, Income Tax and Companies Act;
- Proven competence in the management of client portfolios and staff;
- Technical proficiency in e-Filing and the Microsoft Office Suite;
- Proficient in Afrikaans and English; and
- A valid driver’s license and own vehicle.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assistance with various tax related matters, including dispute resolution, provisional tax and tax
assessments with SARS.
- Application for tax clearances, good standing and foreign investment allowance;
- Tax compliance for a portfolio of high net worth groups including companies, trusts and
- Weekly visits to local SARS branch offices;
- Daily liaison with clients and SARS and attending to all aspects relating to taxation; and
- Tax registrations including income tax, VAT, customs and excise and tax exemption.
Please apply online.