|Job title:||Head of Development|
|Employment type:||Full Time|
|Experience:||5 to 10 years|
|Salary:||R950000 to R1100000|
|Job published:||04 August 2020|
|Job reference no:||1590642059|
Superb career opportunity with Fintech for a hands-on Head of Development who can think strategically but execute tactically. You’ll be joining a dynamic team of seasoned business, marketing, product and development professionals, as they take the product that they’ve been refining for over 2-years, from a highly successful proof-of-concept in the P2P payments space, to being a fully-fledged open banking market place.
- Align the technology roadmap with our strategic vision and customer promise.
- Maintain the Software Architecture to be adaptable, scalable and stable.
- Monitor technological trends, best practices and risks to ensure that we remain future fit.
- Optimise the technology costs to maintain the lowest possible unit economics.
- Lead, develop and manage the engineering team to ensure that delivery and quality is prioritised, yes, it’s a hands-on role.
- Collaborate with Product to evolve the Agile Software Development processes for continuous delivery.
- Collaborate with Product to maintain the product backlog and roadmap for the Marketing, Customer Support, Finance and other departments.
- Establish and manage relationships with technical third-party providers.
- Collaborate with Product to design solutions and produce technical documentation to effectively communicate with the development team and stakeholders.
- Manage the Engineering Team through Agile Software Development Methodology practices.
- Setup and optimise our monitoring, alerting and technical support processes.
- Monitor and mitigate information security risks.
- Work within a defined budget, targets and KPI’s
Qualification and Experience
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- Experience in Payments, Banking, Insurance and / or a Fintech.
- Min of 5 year’s experience in a similar role with 10 yrs in Product development.
- Knowledge and experience in programming languages like Python R, etc.
- Knowledge of SDK and API integrations between the services
- Knowledge of Websites, Apps and HTML