|Job title:||Stores Manager|
|Employment type:||Full Time|
|Experience:||6 to 7 years|
|Salary:||R300000 to R360000|
|Job published:||13 September 2021|
|Job reference no:||120932345|
A well-established company based in Bellville South, is seeking to recruit a Stores Manager, reporting to the Director, to be responsible for the following:
1. Stores Management
- Ensure stock lists are accurate and up to date at all times (core and windings, switchgear, stock to be processed of transformers and switchgear, enclosures, ready for sale stock).
- Completion of Stocktake monthly
- Ensure all stock is clearly marked and allocated to correct bins to ensure efficient and minimum stock handling to and from factory floor.
- Damaged power tools repaired or replaced in timeous manner.
- Steel and Copper/Brass scrap management and disposal.
2. Health & Safety and Housekeeping
- Ensure self and sub-ordinates comply with all Health and Safety Regulations.
- Ensure safe working environment for staff in departments within your area of responsibility.
- Identify and report potential hazards.
- Ensure storage areas are correctly and clearly identified and goods are packed and stored accordingly.
- Ensure that all relevant check and inspection sheets is completed and up to date.
- Enforcement of the use of personal protective equipment provided.
3. Staff supervision
- Provide a daily plan to subordinates for tasks to be completed and goals to be achieved.
- Evaluate team performance and take corrective action where required
- Manage and control department overtime and submit weekly overtime report to management
- Coaching, training & guidance of staff members.
- Student supervision and training to assist in these various areas.
4. Fleet Management
- Arrange for maintenance and repair of company vehicles, forklifts, crane truck.
- Ensure vehicles are licensed and road worthy
- Ensure traffic fines are paid and the funds are recovered from the vehicle driver or alternatively that fines are diverted to the relevant driver.
- Forklift driver management.
5. ISO Compliance
- Complete annual risk assessment of external service providers.
- Issuing of Non-Conformance Reports (NCR's) and Work Instructions for incidents involving subordinates.
- Liaison with property security company for two factories.
- Camera system monitoring and maintenance.
- A minimum of a Grade 12
- A qualification in Inventory or Logistics Management will be advantageous.
- Experience of ERP or inventory management systems essential.
- Ability to communicate fluently in English (verbal and written) and Afrikaans (verbal and written).
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in a similar role(s).
- Ability to establish relationships and work effectively with internal clients and external suppliers of various goods and services.
- PC literate - IQ system experience advantageous
- Valid Code B drivers’ licence and own transport
Please apply online.