|Job title:||Executive Manager: Process Engineering (Potchefstroom)|
|Employment type:||Full Time|
|Experience:||5 to 7 years|
|Salary:||R900000 to R1100000|
|Job published:||14 September 2021|
|Job reference no:||711913348|
Executive Manager: Process Engineering
R900K - R1.1mil
Superb career opportunity for a Process Engineering Manager that will be reporting to the Head of Site operations. You will lead and manage a team of technical and process improvement specialists in the operations division.
Key performance areas:
- Plans and controls technical resources in support of process and product improvement, to ensure cost reduction.
- Implements technically innovative strategies and investigation techniques to support manufacturing operations in a efficient and effective manner.
- Design and establish new processes which translates user requirements into system / sub-system functions within the company’s business processes.
- Leads and participates in the following
- Risk assesments
- Technical and Quality investigations
- Process (raw material to final product) analysis
- Technical trouble-shooting and rapid problem-solving.
- Assist Product Development Group during product or process development and ensure a smooth industrialization of the equipment.
- Evaluation, specification and optimization of present operational systems in terms of effectiveness.
People Management and Development
- Establish interfaces between suppliers, operations and clients to provide process specifications as required to fully implement process improvements.
- Provides technically innovative mentorship to plant personnel to aid the simplification of process and manages students to develop technical skills needed for plant support.
- Gives input to annual budgets & forecasts. Measures and controls costs and overhead expenditure. Originates capital expenditure proposals
- Tracks progress to cost containment initiatives and manages and reports regularly.
Compliance to Legislation and Business Systems
- Ensure designs, projects, modifications and installations adhere to appropriate regulations within OHS Act and Explosive Act.
- Adheres and implements company policies and procedures and ensures compliance to ISO Standards with respect to SHE/Quality/Environmental
- A minimum B-Tech / B-Eng / B.Sc Tertiary education. Preference will be given to Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Chemical Engineering.
- 5 Years’ experience of leading a team at Middle Management level is essential.
- Broad experience in a development and manufacturing environment (Explosive / Engineering / Technical).
- In depth knowledge of SHE/Quality Systems, other computerized project management tools and process improvements techniques.
- Experience with ERP / MES systems.
- Advanced systems engineering training.
- Good communication, planning and organizing skills
Please apply online.