Job TitleBI Specialist
Employment TypeFull Time
Experience3 to 5 years
SalaryR700000 to R780000
Job Published02 February 2022
Job Reference No.4274783714
- Neg in line with skills and experience
Multinational, leading supplier of global solutions within the transport logistics industry, operating in South Africa and Africa, are looking for an experienced BI Specialist to join their Regional IT Services team.
In this role, be part of the Africa Regional BI Team responsible for the design, development, testing, implementation, maintenance and support of the BI Reporting and Data warehouse solutions for the Regional Africa Business Units, with focus on the Healthcare BI User community, but will be expanded to include the Africa Road BI user community. This requires an in-depth knowledge of underlying source systems and close collaboration with IT developers and business users from various departments. Participate in BI Architecture design sessions, as well as cross-business unit BI forums to ensure standardization and best practice implementation across the business units
- Degree / Diploma in Computer Science or BI
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in BI Development.
- Minimum 3-5 years report development experience
- Minimum 3 years SSIS development experience
- Minimum 5 years SQL (writing complex SQL queries, with ability to optimize SQL queries )
- Minimum 3 years data warehouse development experience
Computer skills required
- Advanced MS SQL (required)
- Advanced MS SSIS Development (required)
- Cube Development: MS SSAS & Azure Analysis Services (required)
- Data Warehouse Design experience (required)
- Good understanding of GIT methodology
- MS Office Tools (Excel, Word, Visio)
- Experience working in the Pharmaceutical, Contract Logistics and/or Distribution
- MS BI Suite (SSRS, Power BI)
- MS SQL DBA knowledge
- Experience working in the MS AZURE Cloud environment
- AZURE DevOps Experience,
- Good written and oral communication, with the ability to present ideas in a user-
friendly language. Well organized, with a disposition to be accurate and pay
attention to detail.
- Self-motivated, with the urge to understand how underlying systems work and fit together.
- Ability to work under pressure without constant supervision.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
If your skills and experience fit, please submit your cv via the link or email [email protected]
Please note, if you have not heard back from us within 1 week, please regard your application as unsuccessful.