|Job title:||Technical Director|
|Employment type:||Full Time|
|Experience:||5 to 9 years|
|Salary:||R1600000 to R1599999|
|Job published:||05 August 2021|
|Job reference no:||3950093843|
Technical Director (FMCG)
R1.6m plus STI + LTI
Outstanding career with leading listed FMCG Group. Reporting to the MD you will be responsible guiding the optimal product quality and compliance within the value chain in the business in a cost-effective, efficient, and ultimate profitable manner. The Technical Director will also develop the technical business strategy to encourage a high-performance, ensuring collaboration and alignment between operations and sales/marketing.
Key performance areas
- Technical strategy development and implementation oversight.
- Lead the integration of the sales/marketing, operations, quality, and feed/food safety systems.
- Oversee technical insights into market development and continuous improvement projects.
- Lead the integration of R&D projects into operational concepts.
- Drive the profitability of the business through product quality and new market developments.
- Advance a high-performance and quality-centric culture in the business.
- Stakeholder Management (IFFO, FEMAS, DAFF, NRCS, FSSC 22 000, LSM and Suppliers, etc).
- Ensure good governance in the business.
- Guide the business on national and global markets Legislation and Regulations.
- Team performance management and development
Qualifications and experience
- Relevant Degree (Diploma/Degree in Food Science & Technology, Biochemistry/Biotechnology/Chemical Engineering)
- Minimum 5 - 10 years’ experience in senior management position in FMCG environment.
- Previous experience in a food production environment.
- Previous experience in Feed manufacturing and Canning regulations and standards.
- Food/Feed Safety and Quality Systems Monitoring & Evaluation experience is a requirement.
- Experience on leading compliance and food/feed safety.
- Laboratory and R&D experience in FMCG environment.
- FSSC 22 000/HACCP implementation experience is a requirement.
- Previous experience in national and global food legislation/regulations is a requirement.