|Job title:||Assistant Company Secretary|
|Employment type:||Full Time|
|Experience:||3 to 5 years|
|Salary:||R550000 to R650000|
|Job published:||03 May 2021|
|Job reference no:||3840804135|
Assistant Company Secretary
R550k - R650k plus bonus
Superb career opportunity with leading listed JSE listed FMCG Group. Support the Group Company Secretary and be responsible for:
Company Secretarial Duties
- Support to the Group Company Secretary, working independently as the key point of contact for the relevant subsidiary boards and supports the GCS with the main listed Board.
- Delivers company secretarial services as per legislative requirements.
- Organise and administers the smooth running of meetings, producing accurate minutes and resolutions for all subsidiary entities and trusts.
- Sets up new companies and trusts, where required.
- Provides general support – maintenance of databases of information, Authorities Frameworks etc.
- Maintains statutory records, registers and lodges the necessary returns to ensure compliance with the Companies Act, Trust Property Control Act and related legislation.
- Maintain the OGL and subsidiary Board Calendar and manage meeting invitations.
- Deep knowledge of the operation of CIPC to ensure the business remains compliant with applicable legislation and regulations.
- Management of the filing of Annual Returns process.
- Remain abreast of all changes in governance and regulatory environment in SA and internationally.
- Co?ordinate the distribution and printing of the Integrated Report
- Assists with preparing and ancillary documents for the AGM and other corporate actions as required.
- Identify all amendments to legislation, draft legislation and new legislative that impact or could impact the governance universe.
- Attend registrar meetings.
- Under the direction of the GCS, liaise with Share Registry re: agreed projects; co?ordinate with registrar and sponsors on Dividend announcements.
Qualifications and Experience
- At least 3 - 5 years working experience in a corporate secretarial, legal or other relevant environment.
- Relevant degree or equivalent qualification
- CIS or equivalent qualification would be advantageous.
- Experience in a listed environment advantageous.