|Job title:||International Fruit Trader|
|Employment type:||Full Time|
|Experience:||3 to 5 years|
|Salary:||R600000 to R840000|
|Job published:||24 May 2021|
|Job reference no:||3728091730|
International Fruit Trader
An excellent career opportunity for an experienced fruit trader that is looking to join an established, fast growing international company.
As a trader you will drive sales and profitability of a division in the international Fruit Marketing company (main commodities: apples, pears, grapes and citrus). You will bear responsibility for sales, customer satisfaction, risk management and information exchange within the commercial team.
Planning and coordinating international shipment of goods, during which negotiations with a variety of people, shippers, agents, producers, and clients, are done.
Responsibilities include, but is not limited to:
- Responsible for sales within his/her categories. (Volumes, deliveries according to specs, margins, contract formulation and execution, and cost price calculations);
- Helps formulating the sales budgets for the category;
- Suggests new trade opportunities and product development;
- Keeps track of international market developments;
- Keeps track of the results and suggests corrective action plans when needed;
- Contributes to continuously improve the work procedures and systems of the fruit desk;
- Ensure all suppliers meet our stringent vendor approval requirements;
- Visits existing as well as potential customers and suppliers locally and internationally;
Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in an international trade role
- Excellent customer service skills, both verbal and written
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office programs
- Awareness of relevant prevailing quality and food safety regulations
Please apply online.