|Job title:||Transport Manager|
|Employment type:||Full Time|
|Experience:||5 to 7 years|
|Job published:||08 September 2021|
|Job reference no:||3568376437|
R480k plus bonus
Excellent career opportunity with leading logistics group. Reporting to the GM you will be responsible for managing, planning and coordinating Transport operations, which includes delivery and driver management.
Key performance areas
- Financial Responsibility
- Ensure costs are captured in the month incurred (Labour, Vehicle R&M, Stock Losses, Fuel).
- Ensure monthly transport department expenditure is maintained within budget – a budget will be provided
- and discussed with you.
- Operational: Delivery Schedule
- EPOD & Trackmatic
- Team Management
- Ensure that all staff maintains DQSP certification i.e. PDP’s, LMI, Medicals, fridge calibrations
- Process Compliance
- Ensure all Health & Safety repairs and maintenance is identified and resolved immediately.
- Ensure accurate and timely recording of km’s travelled, driver hours and van assistant hours.
- Ensure daily, weekly and monthly transport plans are compiled and communicated.
- Monitor and report on driver performance i.e staff is held accountable to ensure the perfect delivery.
Qualifications and experience
- 5-7 years’ experience required in Transport
- Relevant Tertiary Diploma, Degree or, Honors Degree in Logistics and Transportation Management or similar
- Good Warehousing & Distribution, Transport, FMCG, QRS Management.