|Job title:||Electrical Engineer Grid/MV/HV|
|Employment type:||Full Time|
|Experience:||3 to 5 years|
|Salary:||R850000 to R900000|
|Job published:||07 May 2021|
|Job reference no:||3321834862|
Electrical Engineer Grid/MV/HV
Excellent career opportunity with one of the world’s leading renewable energy companies. As Electrical Engineer for Grid/MV you will be part of the EMEA engineering team, supporting the engineering, procurement, project management and new business teams with electrical engineering analysis, design, modelling, costing and commissioning.
You will be the primary resource for solar PV farm connection to the Eskom grid, including grid code compliance, and you will take engineering responsibility for all grid related matters.
- Provide the Development, EPC and New Business teams with all electrical engineering input for Solar PV Farms
- Assist the team with related problem-solving and queries, interfacing with other subsidiaries or other expertise as and when required, including presenting to the required Utility Forums
- Monitor the project construction progress and support the resolution of grid related field issues
- Participate in contract reviews and feasibility studies
- Assist in developing project Requests for Proposals (RFP’s) to contractors for bidding purposes
- Reviewing of the overall system design, including for grid code compliance (including but not limited to considerations of SCADA and RTU interface design, transient analysis, power factor, grounding, steady state arc flash, protective device coordination, short circuit, lightning protection, communication systems, transformers, inverters, RMU’s, DCB’s, cables, etc.)
Qualifications and experience:
- Professional Registration with the Engineering Council of South Africa (Pr.Eng)
- Electrical Engineering qualification
- Five years’ work experience in South African power industry, preferably solar power
- Clear understanding and working experience of Grid Code and its application to solar PV plant design
- HV electrical experience
- Ability to develop electrical single-line diagrams
Please apply online.