|Job title:||Inventory Manager (Consumables)|
|Employment type:||Full Time|
|Experience:||8 to 10 years|
|Salary:||R700000 to R750000|
|Job published:||19 October 2020|
|Job reference no:||3082253211|
Inventory Manager (Consumables) West Coast
Excellent career opportunity with large, listed manufacturer. Reporting into the Operations Director you will be responsible for:
- Responsible for ensuring optimum inventory levels and maintaining appropriate standards, controls and reporting systems
- Leading and Managing Consumable store teams in two warehouses (Stock holdings R½ billion)
- Liaises closely with the procurement, production and finance departments in the determination of required stockholdings
- Responsible for the overall control of stock and administers the movement and storage of goods in the following stores
- Engineering and General Store
- Consumable Raw Material
- Cannery Raw Material
- Perform critical inventory tasks to ensure the correct number of items are in stock.
- Maintain updated and accurate records of inventory, including transfers and cycle counts.
- Monthly auditing of Inventory with onsite personnel
- Initiate cost reduction in inventory management.
- Compile Inventory reports for Senior Management
- Ensure production complies with environmental systems and legislation.
- Manage the Health and Safety system for the Consumable/Inventory departments in your responsible role. Be a member of the site SHE comity.
- HR – Ensure compliance with Labour Legislations and company policies and procedures
Qualifications and experience
- Three year tertiary qualification in Inventory Management, industrial engineering or procurement.
- Minimum of 10 years Previous Inventory Management experience dealing with raw materials and production.
- Minimum of 5 years Previous Management experience
- SAP knowledge, specifically concerning PP and MM