|Job title:||Financial Accountant|
|Employment type:||Full Time|
|Experience:||3 to 5 years|
|Salary:||R360000 to R480000|
|Job published:||17 July 2020|
|Job reference no:||2974863746|
Available position: Financial Accountant
- Attached job description.
- Remuneration packages: +- R30,000.00 – R40,000.00 CTC, depending on level of experience, test answers etc.
- Preferable to have experience in property
- At least 2 years’ experience in a finance department
- MDA Property Manager accounting software (preferable)
- Articles (preferable)
- Review of trial balance
- Assist with variance reporting – numbers and commentary (actuals, budget)
- Review of bank reconciliations (oversight of cash books)
- Review of debtor and creditor age analysis
- Review of expense/cash book allocations (owner statements, general ledger)
- Preparation of monthly journal entries (e.g. prepayments, salary control account, depreciation and interest)
- Intercompany loan reconciliations and monthly matrix
- Calculation of interest on loans
- Preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations (e.g. prepaid expenses)
- Maintenance of fixed asset registers and calculation of depreciation and tax allowances
- Assistance with monthly management reporting
- Assistance with quarterly board pack preparation
- Determination of accrued expenses, accrued income and straight lining of leases at year end
- Preparation of year end audit folders
- Liaise with auditors to finalise year end audit
- Tie in of externally drafted annual financial statements to trial balance (check mapping)
- Preparation of income tax computations (provisional and year end)
- Preparation of deferred tax computation at year end
- Involvement in budgeting/forecasting
- VAT reconciliations
- Ad hoc involvement in creditor reconciliations
- Other reconciliations, detailed analysis and reporting (ad hoc)
- Eagerness to improve processes and learn
- Efficient – utilise automated processes and systems over manual processes
- Work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Good attention to detail
- Problem solving
- Starting dates for the positions:
- ASAP (if we find the right candidate we could take them on from today)
- Non-negotiable knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Intercompany balancing and calculation of interest
- Excel – advanced
- Kindly have all applicants send an original cv (not edited by the recruiter), most recent payslip, also include their current employer, current CTC and expected CTC and notice period – please note applications that do not set out all this information in the body of the email will not be considered.
It should be set out as follows:
- Current CTC: R20,000.00 please ensure that the candidate understands what CTC means as we have had some issues with this.
- Expected CTC: R25,000.00
- Notice period: 30 days
- Employer: Africrest Properties
- When sending through the above (as well as any future correspondence on the candidate) please make the subject of the email “candidates name – position” eg “Sam Smith – intermediate property administrator”.
- The next step would be to schedule a brief telecom interview with the candidate.
- If they proceed to the next stage they will write a 2-3hour online test. Depending on the test results they will proceed to an online Interview (during Covid-19).
- We may request psychometric testing.