|Job title:||Senior Decision Support Analyst|
|Employment type:||Full Time|
|Experience:||5 to 7 years|
|Job published:||13 August 2021|
|Job reference no:||2482237208|
Senior Decision Support Analyst
Highly attractive market related salary
Excellent career opportunity for a Senior Decision Support Analyst to join a Decision Support team within Credit Risk. The purpose of the Senior Decision Support Analyst is to drive business value to our internal and external stakeholders, in order to optimize business decisions and processes, as well as train and mentor more junior team members.
Key Performance Areas:
1. Business analytics
- Work closely with business stakeholders to drive business efficiency and enhancing business decisions by using data.
- Monitor and analyse real-time and historic data to identify trends, issues, and/or opportunities.
- Identify opportunities for advanced analytics and automated decision solutions.
- Enhance the use of data, reports and analytical tools for decision making by educating and influencing stakeholders.
2. Decision Support Solutions
- Work closely with the business to identify opportunities for monitoring and decision support solutions.
- Gather requirements, design and implement decision support solutions.
- Work closely with the data team and information and analytics architect to implement data solutions in the data warehouse.
- Work with the advanced analytics team to develop appropriate predictive analytics solutions.
- Work with IT, business and data science to implement embedded automated decision solutions.
3. New business functionality
- Ensure data and analytics requirements are considered in new business solutions.
- Do impact assessments on changes to existing functionality.
4. Stakeholder management
- Effective internal stakeholder management within the Analytics team.
- Effectively represent the data and analytics team in the organisation. Listen, influence, collaborate, communicate in a way that enhances the efficiency and decision-making capabilities of the organisation.
- Contribute proactively to all aspects related to the optimal performance and wellbeing of the analytics team.
- Coach and mentor junior team members.
6. Project management
- Effective planning and prioritising of own work.
- Provide progress feedback to business stakeholders and line management.
- Advanced Excel
- Data analysis
- Microsoft business intelligence visualisation technologies (SSRS, Power BI)
- Degree in finance / mathematics / statistics / actuarial / business management / engineering or related discipline.
- 5+ Years in an analytical role, preferably in a formal analytics or business intelligence environment