Job TitleFinancial Accountant (EMEA)
Employment TypeFull Time
Experience2 to 4 years
Job Published07 January 2022
Job Reference No.2302739433
Financial Accountant (EMEA)
Attractive market related salary
Cape Town (Hybrid model)
As EMEA Financial Accountant you will be responsible for ensuring the ledgers are spotless, monitor data and prepare accurate reports, you will be keen to learn and enjoy a fast-paced working environment. The role itself will be accountable for but not limited to the Belgium and Dubai entities and has the scope to develop more as well as assist the EMEA Financial Controller on various projects and ad-hoc tasks.
Periodic Financial Analysis and Reporting
- Perform the monthly close process for EMEA business entities. This includes preparation of monthly schedules, journals and analytical review.
- Balance sheet reconciliation including schedules for Assets, Payroll, Tax among others
- Statutory and Management reporting for our Belgium/other EMEA subsidiaries
- Liaising with local accountants and uploading accurate TBs for relevant entities.
- Review of VAT returns before submission by local accountants.
- Monthly closure of bank including reconciliation and revaluations.
- Perform Intercompany invoicing and reconciliations.
- Processing payroll for the relevant entities (submissions and payments), including posting the journals, PAYE and other payroll reconciliations, as well as submission if and when needed. (Knowledge of payroll will be highly beneficial)
Audit & Compliance
- Reporting and compliance with regulatory and Tax authorities, and our travel licensing & bonding associations.
- Preparation of Statutory documents as necessary
- Improving and maintaining the Cashflow for the relevant business entities.
- Supporting EMEA Financial Controller on projects and tasks.
- Supporting Ops teams by providing necessary reports and analysis
- Working closely and supporting local management and business (Belgium/Dubai/Other)
- Business partnering with the global finance team and wider business.
Qualifications and experienced required:
- Newly Qualified/Finalist - ACCA, CIMA, ACA or Equivalent
- Proficient in Excel
- Experience in a Hospitality/Travel industry preferred.
- Previous experience is handling accounting and reporting within Europe beneficial.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics Business Central (Previously Navision) is highly beneficial.
Please apply online.