|Job title:||Operation Manager|
|Employment type:||Full Time|
|Experience:||5 to 10 years|
|Job published:||25 June 2020|
|Job reference no:||204107456|
Management of both sea-side and landside operations
- Efficient management of the operations team’s activities
- Oversight of daily tracking reports
- Oversight and management of transporters
- Management of daily document clearing and intervention on delays
- Ensuring commercial invoicing is processed
- Liaison with accounts department on all invoicing and providing logistics support to accounts
- Arranging stock inspections
- Management of all inputs to SAP workflow for each deal
- Oversight and control of historical deals on Monday.com
- Always ensure good client and supplier relations
- Ensuring all deals are closed out at month end
- Ensure timeous submission of all documentation to billing dept
- Follow up on outstanding POD’s
- Generating of PO’s and issue to suppliers
- Assist in month end job card billing process
- Keep management updated of all the Billable work done for the month through updating a spread sheet.
- Ensure contractor HSSE compliance
- Oversight of stock holding throughout the supply chain
- Updating stockholding records
- Processing leave applications
- Management of staff overtime and standby
- Attending to grievances
Tasks to be performed to deliver the required outputs.
Quality client service
- Coordinating of communications through to clients
- Prioritise urgent client requests and follow-ups
- Ensure all client reporting deadlines are met
Provide all information
- Scanning and attaching of paperwork to be completed throughout the month
- Get staff into a regular routine with regards to handing if of paperwork and pods
- Ensure timeous submission of job cards to billing dept, within three days of deal completion
- Follow up on outstanding POD’s
- Follow up and give client constant feedback
- Assist in month end deal billing process
- Constant business support updates and feedback to management
Co-operation with other internal and external parties and identify business growth
- Internal and client stock maintenance
- Responsible for recording and management of stock holding
- Control Stock register
- Ensuring all contractor vehicle and HSSE documentation is compliant
- Ensure loading delays are effectively communicated to both contractors and client
- Management and reporting of any HSSE incidents both internally and externally
Knowledge required doing the job
- Strong administrative background
- Strong Logistics background
- Financial background would advantageous
- PC Literate on SAP an advantage
- Knowledge of computer hardware and software an advantage
- HSSE understanding
Skills / Abilities required doing the job
- Good people skills.
- Good verbal, written communication, and presentation skills.
- Ability to analyse customer needs and devise solutions.
- Good decision-making skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- An ability to handle pressure.
- Strong problem-solving and conflict-handling skills.
Personal attributes required for this job.
- Result driven
- Proactive – self starter
- Strong communicator
- Team player
- Attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills
- High stress tolerance
- At least 3 years administrative experience
- 3 years Logistics experience
- Exposure to the mining environment is advantageous
Job specific requirements.
- Requires flexibility to work long hours and after hours.
- Any other instruction handed down by the line manager from time to time.