|Job title:||Senior Operations and Maintenance Engineer|
|Employment type:||Full Time|
|Experience:||8 to 10 years|
|Salary:||R1000000 to R1100000|
|Job published:||07 May 2021|
|Job reference no:||182819729|
Senior Operations and Maintenance Engineer
Excellent career opportunity to be apart of one of the world’s leading renewable energy companies. The Operations and Maintenance Senior Engineer will be responsible for providing engineering input and support to the O&M Department, leading a small team of engineers. You will be reporting to the Head of Operations and Maintenance.
- General Machinery Regulatory compliance of PV plants for which company has Operations and Maintenance contracts (this relates specifically to PV plants in South Africa).
- Drafting, reviewing and improving procedures and method statements for preventive and corrective maintenance to ensure compliance with South African Regulation.
- Providing assurance that all machinery is in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Operations and Maintenance engineering support for PV plants in the EMEA region.
- Troubleshooting and planning of corrective actions in cases of complex events.
- Data consolidating and analysing (from remote monitoring systems and event lists), in order to establish trends and suggest pro-active measures.
Qualifications and experience:
- Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
- Professional Registration with the Engineering Council of South Africa (Pr.Eng)
- Government Certificate of Competency (GCC) or has passed the examination on the Operational Health and Safety Act and the relevant regulations.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in power utility infrastructure project execution and operations and maintenance.
- Conversant with the South African grid code, transmission network code, distribution network code, and the South African National Standards (SANS)
- Knowledge and working experience of utility scale PV plants.
- Experience in leading teams of engineers and technicians.
Please apply online.