|Job title:||Senior Group Tax Advisor (Insurance and Treasury)|
|Employment type:||Full Time|
|Experience:||3 to 6 years|
|Job published:||15 October 2020|
|Job reference no:||182519941|
Senior Group Tax Advisor (Insurance and Treasury)
Highly attractive market related package
Superb career opportunity with leading Financial Services Group. Reporting through to the Head: Long Term and Short Term Insurance, in the Group Tax teamead of Tax you will be responsible for various tax provisioning, tax reporting and compliance processes as well as certain tax advisory services to Life Insurance companies and other (non-life) subsidiaries in the Group.
- Provide advice on new products, and outline the tax reporting requirements for each product
- Provide advice and guidance to business units on all significant projects and transactions;
- Review tax reported numbers for the segments and entities in the group at required times
- Provide tax advice to our Group Balance Sheet Management and Treasury team, and in relation to Corporate Finance transactions.
- Review tax returns and provisional tax returns for all entities in the segments that fall into this portfolio.
Qualifications and experience
- CA(SA) with at least 3-5 years core tax advisory, tax compliance experience and tax reporting experience or Relevant Under-graduate degree plus H.Dip Tax or Tax Honours /Masters required.
- Strong knowledge of financial services industry and understanding of Life Insurance Products, an advantage
- IFRS knowledge particularly related to deferred tax and tax disclosure is beneficial
- Good operational understanding across the financial services industry, such as long term insurance companies, Unit Trusts, Lisps, Asset Managers and short-term insurers is essential.