|Job title:||Project/Cost Accountant|
|Employment type:||Full Time|
|Experience:||5 to 10 years|
|Salary:||R600000 to R640000|
|Job published:||04 June 2021|
|Job reference no:||1793408673|
Excellent career opportunity with a leading Manufacturing company in South Africa.
You will be responsible for the management of the manufacturing costing department, ensuring sound financial controls, providing accurate financial reports as well as on site financial assistance. You will assist with management and reporting of various projects.
- Manage employee(s) directly reporting and provide leadership and guidance to the cost accountant;
- Ensure correct reporting of stock levels – quantities, cost and valuation;
- Procedural recommendation and operational requirements to ensure sufficient financial controls;
- Liaise with Internal and External Auditors;
- Monthly reporting on all key financial information (stock, costing, costs, assets etc.);
- Represent finance on the procurement committee on high value orders;
- Monitoring all work order deviations, closing and re-scheduling thereof ;
- Key Finance contact on site for all financial queries.
- Involvement in major contracts from initial review meetings up to final execution of sales;
- Ensure accurate financial recording and execution of customer order related cost in line with Delegation of Authority for project cost, selling costs etc;
- Compilation of workings for budgets, forecasts and prognoses on project costing and contract costs and the tracking of actual performance against this. This includes gathering inputs for other departments such as Plant Engineering, Logistics and Project Management as well as measurement of quoted, contracted and actual results (project controlling);
- Month end financial results and preparation of disclosure information on projects and other contract costs.
Experience and qualifications:
- Minimum completed B.Comm. or B Tech qualification in Accounting/ Management Accounting fields - CIMA completed at operational level advantageous.
- 5-10 Years Costing and Financial experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to apply skills across a broad spectrum of financial disciplines (costing, accounting, asset management, etc).
- Knowledge of IFRS accounting guidelines
- Fully computer literate and knowledge of ERP systems (preferably SAP)
Please apply online.