|Job title:||Production Planner (SAP)|
|Employment type:||Full Time|
|Experience:||8 to 10 years|
|Salary:||R450000 to R490000|
|Job published:||08 October 2020|
|Job reference no:||1638614554|
Excellent career opportunity with large established manufacturer for experienced production Planner. Reporting to the Planning Manager you will be responsible for:
- To coordinate, produce and maintain the required production plan information required by operations.
- To ensure that all plans are communicated to Production for execution.
- To ensure all sales demand confirmations are communicated to sales and project management departments.
- Schedule, plan, and maintain planned and production orders to satisfy sales order requirements.
- Plan and control production in accordance with LEAN principles by maintaining optimum work in progress levels and minimize manufacturing lead times.
- Synchronize the production plan between various process steps throughout the manufacturing process.
- Manage and maintain Shop Floor Management system, supporting project meetings
- Initiate readiness meetings timeously
- Attend and chair meetings
- Analyses trends and manage system issues and initiate cross functional countermeasures
- Stock take of manufactured items
- Release of production orders on time
- Plan and control Excess WIP, orders for customer returns, replacement parts, and development requests.
- Update and maintain relevant master data records
- Support and implement annual departmental plan based on the KPI’s for the department
- Ensure compliance to organisational policies and standards
- Updating and implementing operations planning standards, processes, and works instructions.
Qualifications and experience
- Relevant tertiary qualification in operations, commerce, or engineering
- 8 years hands on experience in a manufacturing environment
- Good manufacturing process and systems knowledge
- ERP and SAP planning and control experience is essential