|Job title:||ESG and Impact Implementation Specialist|
|Employment type:||Full Time|
|Experience:||5 to 8 years|
|Job published:||05 November 2020|
|Job reference no:||1582149172|
ESG and Impact Implementation Specialist
R1.6m plus bonus
Superb career opportunity with leading listed Group in the Alternative Investment space. Reporting into the Head of Impact Investing you will be responsible for driving continuous improvement in ESG and Impact performance, supporting the Alternatives business in delivering on its ESG and Impact responsibilities.
- Oversee the implementation and ongoing maintenance of ESG and Impact policies and management systems across the Alternatives business.
- Ensure that the Alternatives business meets its regulatory obligations and any requirements aligned to standards to which the business has committed in terms of ESG and Impact.
- Design tools and systems that support the incorporation of ESG and Impact into the investment processes across the Alternatives business.
- Drive improvement in ESG and Impact management, performance and reporting within investment teams and at an aggregate business level.
- Ensure adequate resources are available and committed to implementing ESG and Impact management systems.
- Ensure investment teams receive appropriate training related to ESG and Impact management and reporting obligations.
- Maintain visibility throughout the broader organization on the ESG and Impact performance of the Alternatives business and serve as the business’s advocate internally for communicating this key value.
- Support investment teams in their engagement with external stakeholders on ESG and Impact matters, including reporting and inputs into fund raising documentation, press releases and thought leadership pieces.
- Support investment teams in ensuring that ESG and Impact rights are adequately embedded into legal agreements, including ESG and Impact action plans (where appropriate).
- Oversee and support investment teams with high risk and complex ESG and Impact matters, drawing on external specialist consultants where required. This may include provision of support and training, site visits, guidance on corrective actions and other risk mitigation measures, monitoring and evaluation, and post site-visit reporting.
- Support investment teams in responding to significant ESG and Impact incidents that may arise and ensure that Executive Management and investors are informed of significant incidents, as appropriate and in a timely manner.
- Support investment teams with the collation and compilation of their Annual ESG and/or Impact reports (and other reporting as required).
Qualifications and experience
- Relevant University Degree and Post Graduate qualification (CA (SA), CFA, MBA would be advantageous)
- 5 – 8 years’ related experience
- Experience in ESG and/or impact investment or advisory, with relevant knowledge of ESG and impact matters, governance and regulatory frameworks, industry best practices and emerging trends
- Understanding of commercial drivers for ESG and impact and experience in embedding ESG and/or impact policies, tools and systems within a business environment
- Experience in private markets, through asset management, investment banking or management consulting
Please call Lynley Batho on 021-5551356