Job TitleM&A Analyst
Employment TypeFull Time
Experience3 to 5 years
Job Published14 October 2021
Job Reference No.1449823314
R1m (Neg) plus bonus
Excellent career opportunity with global FMCG Group. Reporting to Business Development Executive you will be responsible for accurately researching, analysing and modeling information/data, the risks and financial impacts of targeted opportunities for business growth and development.
Key Performance Areas
- Compile and analyse data required for mergers, acquisitions and divestiture projects
- Conduct detailed research and market analysis to understand market drivers and identify potential targets and present findings
- Identify trends and developments in competitive environments / landscapes and SWOT analysis and present findings
- Analyse financial statements of potential targets and present findings
- Provide analytical and modelling support for targeted opportunities including DCF valuations, scenario analysis, deal and market multiple analysis, deal structure and financing alternatives, WACC calculations, accretion / dilution analysis and deal sensitivities
- Provide structure, leadership and analytical support for transactions including development of diligence plans and coordinating activities of both internal and external support resources.
- Project management including risk management, driving a transaction in accordance with its timetable, liaising with key parties including clients bidders, targets, other advisors etc.
- Prepare customised presentations and detailed written reports/papers to support executives with advisory committee and board motivations
- Analyse all acquisitions, identify any accounting, tax and reporting issues and analyse impact
Qualifications and experience
- Relevant qualification with Financial Literacy, including but not limited to: B. Com Investment Management (Honours), Qualified CA(SA); B. Com Finance (Honours); B. Business Science Finance.
- 3+ years M&A experience from a Tier 1 bank/top boutique/big 4 advisory firms