Job TitleTechnical Adviser and Product Legal Specialist
Employment TypeFull Time
Experience5 to 7 years
Job Published31 May 2022
Job Reference No.1301317878
Technical Adviser and Product Legal Specialist
Attractive market related salary
An excellent career opportunity for a Technical Adviser and Product Legal Specialist, reporting to the Head: Technical Support. If you have experience of investment landscape in South Africa, including thorough knowledge of Life and LISP Platforms, Collective Investment Schemes, Offshore investments, Life & Risk policies and looking for a rewarding career within the Financial Services Industry, then this role is for you.
• Support formulation of company's Technical Financial Planning House View and policies
• Technical financial planning support to Advisers, including ad hoc queries, proposals and presentations
• Review of large client financial planning proposals
• Investment advice tool design support, e.g. EliteWealth, X-plan, etc.
• Regular training and webinars for Advisers
• Write and publish quality investment articles and newsletters
• Review technical aspects of adviser articles
• Product provider management including due diligence and reviews
• Product research
• Provide technical legal support to Distribution including the client relationship management platform team
• Perform ongoing industry research to support advisers and inform House Views and policies
• Relevant legal/commercial Degree (e.g. B.Comm Law/LLB)
• Minimum of 5 years relevant knowledge and experience in a financial advisory environment
• Knowledge and experience of investment landscape and life & risk products
• Knowledge of South African financial regulatory landscape and awareness of developments including RDR, etc.
• Knowledge of Financial Planning principles including Estate, Retirement and Tax Planning
• Experience in preparing and presenting high-net worth client proposals to advisers as part of new business development
Please apply online. We look forward to seeing your CV.