Employment TypeFull Time
Experience10 to 10 years
SalaryR1300000 to R1500000
Job Published06 June 2022
Job Reference No.1172654144
CFO/COO (Fintech/Financial Services)
R1.5m - R1.8m plus bonus
Our client is a rapidly growing startup who are disrupting the market and changing the way people perceive financial services.
Reporting to the CEO you will be responsible for the refining existing business processes, finances, compliance, data and assist in the commercial negotiations with business partners so that the business is able to achievement its KPI’s. at its core you will refine and implement the operating and reporting processes from a financial, business performance and compliance perspective whilst maintaining the agility needed for the business to scale. You’ll be relentless in using data to continuously improve the efficiency of the business.
- Finance and Operations
- Direct and oversee all aspects of the Finance & Accounting functions of the organization.
- Evaluate and advise the CEO on the impact of long range planning, introduction of new programs/ strategies and regulatory action.
- Provide executive management with advice on the financial implications of business activities.
- Manage processes for financial forecasting, budgets and consolidation and reporting to the Company
- Provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities.
- Assist CEO in formulating the company's future direction and supporting tactical initiatives
- Monitor and direct the implementation of the strategic business plans
- Manage the capital request and budgeting processes
- Develop performance measures that support the company's strategic direction
- Refine and implement business process’s across all business functions
- Provide useful financial insights to help make better decisions about formulating and executing on the business strategy
- Assist CEO in performing all tasks necessary to achieve the organization's mission and help execute staff succession with their growth plans.
- Participate in key decisions as a member of the management team
- Assist with the management of third parties to which functions have been outsourced
- Implement operational best practices
- Assistance with commercial negotiations with business partners
- Risk Management
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the company's risk profile
- Monitor all open risk & compliance issues involving the company, and risk & compliance issues affecting the industry
- Construct and monitor reliable control systems
- Maintain appropriate insurance coverage
- Ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements
- Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies
- Report risk issues to the executive committee
- Leadership and Management
- Serve as partner to the CEO in the strategic development of the companies strategic vision.
- Serve as a business partner to the CEO on the organization’s financial, budgeting, and administrative processes - including HR, IT, payroll and benefits functions—with an eye to continuously developing and improving systems.
- Manage the organization’s physical infrastructure and systems with assistance from the financial manager.
Qualifications and experience
- CA or similar, min of 10 years in a similar role within Financial services/ Banking or related industry.
- A high-calibre portfolio of creative strategy and execution.
Please email [email protected]